Checking your audio setup
Before you even start checking your assembly and soldering, it's a good idea to check your audio setup first.
- Run a cable from the input and output on your interface that you were using to test your DIYRE gear. This will confirm that the routing in your DAW and interface software are correct.
- If you are using XLR cables to connect to your DIYRE gear, just connect the cables together, bypassing the gear. This will also confirm that the cables are good.
- If you are testing a 500-series module, make sure it is screwed in all the way.
- Swap the module to another slot in your rack, if possible.
- If you have a known-good module, test that in the slot you are using to test the DIYRE gear.
Once you've confirmed that your audio setup is working correctly, proceed to Checking Your Assembly.